NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loveeles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 08:42:30 -0700
"Has your son been checked for gluten intoleance. This is not an allergy but

a autoimmune problem. It can sause diarrhea as well as many other

problems.Recent studies indicate that the incidence is quite high as much

as 1/133 or more. A pediatric gastroenterologist is the one to diagnose it.

Irma"

Hi Irma, no he never was tested for gluten intolerance.  Only the RAST for dairy which turned up positive.  Once we eliminated the dairy most all of his symptoms went away.  He's always had a slight case of eczema (the same as both his father and I).  We tould him to the dermatologist for that (among other things) and he really wasn't much help.  I see a gastroenterolgist for Crohn's so maybe I should mentiont he situation to him and see what he thinks.  Thanks so much for the suggestion!  Hope everyone has a great Monday!  Deb