NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MrsFuzzButt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:02:33 -0400
Hi there. I am new to this list, but felt this was something I should reply
to.

To find out more about Early intervention, go to:

http://www.njeis.org

You do not need anyone's recommendation but your own to request an
evaluation of your child. You can receive OT, PT, Speech and Special
Instruction through them. I would recommend that you have an outside OT eval
done if Early Intervention decides your son need OT. They are limited in the
amount of therapy they can provide in the home (because of a lack of space
and equipment). If he does have sensory issues, he will need more then they
can provide. Also look into the allergy side of this. He may be either
allergic to something you didn't know about or getting into one of his known
allergins that you don't realize. My son had tantrums and fits before we
discovered he was allergic to the red dye used in most juices. I only have
one other thought. When you say your doctor told you he is fine, do you mean
you had an OT evaluation already? Or did the Doc tell you not to worry? If
it was just the Doc's opinion and no eval has been done, I would push for it
 It can't hurt to have it done. Good Luck!

Jen (NJ too). Christian (milk allergy, sensory integration disorder and speech disorder), Emma and Beth