C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:28:12 -0400
Hi Mag,

    Amber, Alex and I are attending the peace protests also. The kids are
passionate about going. Interesting enough I recently read the  book Golden
Rules - The Ten Ethical Values Parents need to Teach Their Child by (Rabbi)
Wayne Dosick,  The Eighth Golden Rule is the ethic of peace. There is
subsection on how to be a good example which says - "you can demonstarte
your commitment to peace when you shoe your government - local or nationsl-
and the governrmtns of the world - that you insist on living in a world of
peace. Its not as naive as you think. Governemnts are of the people, by the
people, for the people. Ever president and prime minister is someones
husband or wife, someones mother or father. They are human beings with human
feelings and emotions. They understand, and they will listen. Show your
children that you will use every means at your disposal - demonstrstion,
petition, protest, the power of the press, and the power of the ballot box -
to tell the people who make up the governments you want a world of peace.
....... When you show your children how much a world of peace means to you,
and how hard you are willing to work for it, you help create another
generation committed to peace. For, in your devotion to peace, your children
will seek peace."

   So I am glad you are also out there demonstarting being a positive
influence on kids as well as a voice for peace.

                                                Trisha