BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:01:26 -0500
Re: colds...my husband and I both got one at the same time, same
symptoms, same severity, not gone yet so still shivering.  This is rare,
so we believe we were simultaneously exposed to something, and that it
can't be any of those things suggested in the research.

Is there a commercial name for that Chlorpheniramine time-release
antihistamine and Ibuprofen combination? Or even for just the
Chlorpheniramine?  I've never heard of it, and right now I'm ready to
try anything.

Our new old house is not drafty, and it feels good to just stay home and
read email.

(Original Message:  Does cold weather cause a cold? Although many people
are convinced that a cold results from exposure to cold weather, or from
getting chilled or overheated, NIAID grantees have found that these
conditions have little or no effect on the development or severity of a
cold. Nor is susceptibility apparently related to factors such as
exercise, diet, or enlarged tonsils or adenoids. On the other hand,
research suggests that psychological stress, allergic disorders
affecting the nasal passages or pharynx (throat), and menstrual cycles
may have an impact on a person's susceptibility to colds.)

QUINN EVANS | ARCHITECTS

Ilene R. Tyler, FAIA