From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 21:29:26 -0500
The wall charger only provides enough current to use the ht as a
receiver.  If you want to use the ht as a "base" you'll need the 12-volt
cigarette adapter and a 12v supply.  It's also very useful to have a
speaker mic because it's not easy to hold the ht with external antenna
and 12v cable.  I use one of those car battery jumpers (Jack Rabbit I
think) and it can run the ht for several days before it needs recharged
and the JackRabbit comes with a handy cigarette adapter plug.

Hth es 73 - Ken - N5SWR