From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:09:44 -0600
Hi Anthony,

I had and enjoyed an Icom 735.  There are limitations:  The rig won't
support speech, so you have to use workarounds.  I have forgotten how many
memories there are, but I programmed a memory per band, and set those
memory values at mid band.  It is approximately ten khz per dial rotation,
so if you pay attention, you have a decent idea where you are.  If you get
lost, you can go back to your midpoint and start over.  Mike and speech
processor pots can be pretty much set and forgotten; there is a power level
control which can usually be left full on, and the rest of the transceiver
can pretty much run itself.  I haven't owned this rig for a couple of years
and may have forgotten some of the tricks, but if you can get it at a
reasonable price, go for it.  It was a fun radio to use and I enjoyed it
while I had it.

If I can help with anything else, I would be happy to try.

Good luck.