Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 07:53:20 -0700
  Hi everyone,
I currently own a Kenwood ts-130 and am thinking very seriously about replacing the rig with something newer and able to be used as a portable.

The specs for the ic-703 look almost as atractive as those of the Yaesu ft817 (almost). The big selling point for me is the fact that the ic-703 can be equipped with the speech synthesizer board (and the Yaesu is completely inaccessible). Has anyone got experience using the ic-703. I would be very grateful for your evaluation of the rig. I am especially interested in the ease of entering pl tones, repeater offsets and manipulating memory channels.

Thanks for any help and for reading through my long post.

73

Ron
n6msa