From:
Brian Zolo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Zolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:39:55 -0400
Hello, listers.  I'm Brian Zolo in Columbus, Ohio and my call is WA8SYX.
I'm quite interested in the Kenwood THF6A and went out to the
www.kenwood.net url yesterday.  Does anyone know the name of the executable
software for the THF6A?  Also, does this software give you the ability to
program the radio from the computer using Jaws for Windows version 4.51.
Also, I'm in the market for a good scanner antenna for my Radioshack Pro92.
I'm using a Radioshack all band ground plane but it just doesn't seem to be
that hot an antenna.  I've got a 2-meter 440MHZ stick antenna which is
higher on my 40-foot tower and when I hook the scanner up to that antenna,
it just beats the pants off the Radioshack scanner antenna.  Granted, it's
higher on the tower, but I need a good scanner antenna to monitor the
skywarn nets which meet on a repeater which is about 60 miles northwest of
us and the scanner antenna just doesn't cut the mustard.  Is there a way I
can utilize the 2-meter 440MHZ on my HT and also use it on the scanner as
well.  Sure glad to be back on the list after a long illness and really
enjoy the list.  73's!  BZ!