From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:46:07 -0500
Hello all.

I recently did some re-programming of my Kenwood THF6A HT, and ran into an
interesting problem.  After messing up some of the memories, and having some
other difficulties, I did a full re-set on the rig, and started
re-programming memory chanels according to the usual procedure.  When I got
done, I found out that the "beep" which usually marks memory 1 is gone.  I
checked with my XYL, who is sighted and also a ham, and she says memory 1 is
in there, but there's no beap to mark it for me.  I like the beap at memory
1 because it's a good orienter for me.  Does anyone know how to get that
beap back?  I checked the "key beap" function, and it is still on.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

One more thing:  After re-programming the THF6A, I am rapidly coming to the
conclusion that it would be a heck of a lot easier to do it with the
computer software and interface cable.  There is a hamfest in southern
Michigan this week-end, that I will be attending, and if I can pick up the
interface cable there, I may go the computer programming route.  I think I
recall someone on this list who had  the THF6A software, and who was willing
to send it to me if needed, but I can't remember who it was.  If you could
come forward again, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, and best 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ