From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 07:39:08 +0000
Hello Steve

1.  remove front panel (latch on elevated section to rear of it)
2.  remove mobile mount bolts (4)
3.  remove 5 top cover screws on top of top panel.
4.  remove top panel

for the screws you need a small tip cross head screw driver with point,
not the flat end posidrive type.

5.  with front of rig toward you feel for the structural member just
behind the front panel about half way across.
6.  feel about an inch to the right of this, again immediately behind
front elevation.
Here you will find a slot and you may be able to feel some writing on
the rear side of it.
This is the 'voice' slot.
7.  insert speech chip from upwards - from memory, I think that the
component side goes toward the back of the rig, but it is some 4/5 years
since I did this and no longer have the speech chip in my 707 - it is in
my 570 or ts2000.
I do recall that determining the component side was difficult, but maybe
others on the list will be able to help.

8. test - if you dare!!!!

I can't guarantee this description, nor the orientation of the chip.
Apply the usual rule. Check recheck and recheck again!

David

In message <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Dresser
<[log in to unmask]> writes

--
David W Wood