Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:51:04 -0500
Hi,

You may be using newer single sided memory that an older board can't
recognize.
Try using older double sided memory.  (or the reverse, depending on what
you first used!)

Most new boards have only 2 banks, the older boards had 3 (when memory
modules were smaller
and more expensive)

At 06:16 PM 01/13/2003 -0000, you wrote:
>I am trying to build a PC with an Asus A7V motherboard which has 3 memory
>slots.
>
>When I put in an SDRam  on the second slot (middle slot), the system won't
>boot.  However, when I leave it empty, the PC works ok.  I tried switching
>the positions of the Rams, but the same problem occurs.  Anytime I put
>something on the second slot, the PC won't boot, but makes continous error
>beeps.
>
>Is this a motherboard problem?  Is there any tweak for this or should I
>resign myself on using only 2 banks?
>
>Ron Tumbokon
>
>         PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
>                     visit our download web page at:
>                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

JOE LORE
MICRO COMPUTER CENTER, INC.
150 NEW BOSTON RD. UNIT F
WOBURN, MA  01801
781-933-5530 x110
781-933-6939 fax
TECH SUPPORT: 1-866-YOUR-MCC / [log in to unmask]
RMA: [log in to unmask]
FTP site: www.members.aol.com/parts4pc

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com