Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jens Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:16:20 -0700
I don't know how much to make of total cholesterol,
and I know there's a lot of debate particularly about
the potential harm from trying to lower it. People
also say that having a reading under 160 or something
like that can lead to higher cancer (though I'm not
sure that is specifically from the low cholesterol or
perhaps from the drugs that are used to lower it. . .)

What I found, though, is the following:

Finally, serum cholesterol levels for hunter-gatherers
are astonishingly low by modern standards--in the
101-146 mg/dl range. (See Eaton et al. [1988, pp.
742-745] for the tables the preceding data comes
from.)

If one's goal is to try to regain the readings of our
paleo ancestors, then what is to be made of this?

http://sbc.yahoo.com