From:
Trish Eustice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trish Eustice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 14:44:43 -0000

Hello

I would like to thank everyone who replied,I`m sorry I can`t reply to you all personally.I did take some comfort from knowing there are so many other `fellow travellers` on the gluten/neurological manifestations road.

There were many replies that centred on peripheral neuropathies involved with coeliac disease,but my primary concern was had the CNS been permanently damaged.The general consensus was that if the CNS is damaged,for whatever reason,that damage will never fully heal.Yes,the symptoms will appear to resolve on total elimination of gluten,but any major trauma or stress can cause them to reappear.

Thanks for all your help

Trish