EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 17:44:14 -0800
It depends on your sound card.  If you try to play two wave files with some
sound cards, your computer crashes.  However most sound cards now work just
fine with multiple inputs.  Real audio is just superimposed on the
speech.  Both use both speakers.

At least that's the way my computer works.  Today.  I won't predict tomorrow.

John
At 08:20 PM 4/6/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello...Is it possible to have real Audio running in the background and,
>for example, work on a Word document using JAWS? I would assme if this is
>possible, JFW would output through one speaker, and real audio through the
>other.
>
>I know it is probably not possible on my current laptop, so suggestions as
>to the optimal tech specs needed if this is possible would be appreciated
>since I will be upgrading shortly.
>
>Thanks,
>Jennison

John Gardner
Professor and Director, Science Access Project
Department of Physics
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331-6507
tel: (541) 737 3278