RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 14:59:52 -0800
Hi, Loren  :)

> There are many people who swear by their own personal regime,
> because they have acquired better health by following it.
> Unfortunately, this is not a logical or reliable indicator.
> Someone eating 3 big macs a day that cuts down to 2 is likely
> to get healthier;  that does not suggest that 2 big macs a
> day is part of a healthy diet, only that ANY improvement in
> diet will create a consequent improvement in health.

Amen!  I was cheering as I read that. :)  You put it so well that I
doubt anyone could argue against it, yet it is a point that has to be
made over and over again.

Just as when the 3 big mac eater goes to 2 big macs, there are
multiple factors at work in your path to raw veganism, and they need
to be considered independently if we want to get a good understanding
of what's going on.  I understand that those who give up animal
products for ethical reasons would prefer not to make that
investigation, and I'm fine with that, but I gotta ask just in case...

You stated that your health improved first with a diet that had no
animal products or processed foods.  Then you said that your next jump
in vitality came when you went from that diet to a raw vegan one.
Since your experiences so far (as far as you've described them) don't
give enough info for you to predict what a raw non-vegan diet would be
like for you, I'm wondering if you ever tried it or considered it.

:)
Carol