BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ]<en Phollit
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:34:12 -0800
Pam,  We have some sandstone here too.  Not in the immediate area but up
north in Burlington area there is quite a bit of "redstone,"  it is very
red--don't ask me why.  There is so much of it UVM built one whole part of
their campus out of it.  Also some to the south of us at Greenfield, MA and
in Windsor, CT area.  We went to the Bradley airport Sat and all the
roadsand down there is red.

Our oldest son is in Albuquerque, NM as I write.  Hubby's sister and family
live out there so he wanted to go to see about work prospects.  Some
members of my family like to travel, just not me.  Ruth

At 8:44 AM -0500 2/10/03, Pam Stevenson wrote:
Ruth -

Think of it this way.  NM is a good place to show what can happen to stone
after many years of erosion - especially if it's sandstone.

- Pam who lives in a stone house.