RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 06:48:41 -0500
Jerry,

The answer to your questions is yes. I just checked the USDA Database, and
the relevant numbers you're looking for is: "18:3 undifferentiated  g
18.122". I see that their numbers are a bit different than what Udo Erasmus
indicates, but of course the nutritional profile varies per seed batch, and
it also varies per type of flax seed. For example, I read that golden flax
contains more ALNA than brown flax.

The USDA Database gives an "average" nutritional profile for various foods.
But as we know, the nutritional profile can and does often vary dramatically
from one food to the next (especially with vitamin and mineral content), due
to a number of factors.

Wes