RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:42:10 -0800
>We do not share the physiological adaptations shared by carnivores or
> omnivores, and I've seen no evidence that eating animal products is
either
> necessary or beneficial.

Hi, Loren . . .

I'm curious.  Would you mind sharing some of the scientific sources
for the above quote?  I'm specifically interested in journals, etc.
I'd like to follow up on your view.

My experiences are opposite to yours . . .

"John McArdle, Ph.D., an anatomist and primatologist, a vegetarian,
and scientific advisor to the American Anti-Vivisection Society,
summarizes the situation clearly [McArdle 1996, p. 174]:

  Humans are classic examples of omnivores in all relevant anatomical
traits. There is no basis in anatomy or physiology for the assumption
that humans are pre-adapted to the vegetarian diet."

Rick in Vancouver