From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:06:43 -0500
Hi,

I would say take the PCI USB card out, Remove all USB related Drivers from
the device manager (in safe mode), Make sure the USB is enabled in the main
board Bios, Reboot the system and let windows 98 find the correct ones for
the main board.

You may have to get a cable that runs from the main board to a gate that
has the usb connectors.  Originnally they were optional with older boards.
(AT)  You may have to also run the drivers that came with the Main board
for the USB.

At 08:12 PM 01/03/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>i run win98se, on a 400mhz amd k6-2 processor, my award bios is 4.51pg
(14/6/1999); system chip is a via apollo mvp(3); fsb is 100mhz; my problem
is that in order to use usb i had to buy a pci card which i installed.
Since then, unfortunately it hasn't seemed to work. both my scanner and
webcam need usb, but when i try to use the card ports i receive a device
not ready message. looking in device manager i saw that the foolowing:
><- opti 82c861 pci to universal host controller
><- UNKNOWN DEVICE.....(!) yellow
><- UNKNOWN DEVICE......(!) yellow
><- usb root hub
><- usb root hub
><- via tech 3038 pci to universal host controller
>i would greatly appreciate any advice as to how i can get my computer to
work properlly. thanks rob.
>my usb card uses irq9, my usb host uses irq10.

God Bless America!

Joe Lore
MicroComputerCenter, Inc.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,