From:
William Schnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 21:12:46 -0500
14/03/03 9:49:40 PM, Ray A <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

snip

>Actually, people only first came to the Americas around 20,000 years ago.

Archaeologists _believe_ that people were in Americas from that time, there is some evidence that they were here
long before that.
Also the idea that "native" Americans never got itchy feet, and never travelled to Africa/Europe/Asia is not
proven.

snip
 Moreover, those of us with no
>Native American ancestors have no chance of having specific evolved
>adapations to foods from here.

Is it proven that we have _no_ such ancestors?
snip

BTW  I have recently subscribed to a newsgroup named sci.skeptic, and gleefully anticipate wreaking havoc among
the believers.  <eg>

William