From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 03:29:01 -0500
Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

>> http://www.nowagepress.com/comment/sg/advice/advice.html
>I read this anti-flax essay and found some flaws I'd like to point out.
>
>"Flax once was a staple food of the Roman Empire."
>To correct this: flax never was a staple *food*.

In my interpretation, the author of the article never claims that "flax
once was a staple food of the Roman Empire". Instead he points it out as a
false statement "from researchers or lay people touting the benefits of
flax and flax oil".

/Fredrik

>(what does the "/" before Frederik mean?)
(Good question. I think I once saw someone use it and thought of it as a
way of distinguishing the authors name from the rest of the text. I've us
ed
it ever since without thinking about it, but now that you've made me aware
of it, I realize that it isn't necessary.)