NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Colleen Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:32:42 -0500
Look into Reclast (ask your doctor about it).  It is a once yearly IV infusion medication for osteoporosis.
Colleen Barrett> Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:35:32 -0500> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: any thoughts on prescriptions containing dairy?> To: [log in to unmask]> > Arghh! A real pet peeve. Ditto on the Singulair and Advair.> > What always astonishes me is how many inhaled medications (now, > including the new Pulmicort formulation) include lactose, and how > many of those also describe allergic reaction symptoms on their list > of adverse reactions. Have they ever thought of trying to > cross-correlate these reactions with lists of dairy-allergic > patients?!?!? Sorry - down from soapbox.> > I basically gave up on finding a lactose-free osteoporosis medication > (btw, bone loss is a big problem for those of us not eating dairy). > Fortunately, I only have to suffer once weekly, and my symptoms are > mostly GI, with only minor allergic symptoms.> > This would be an ideal "class action" (although I don't intend to > sue). I suspect there are quite a few who'd like to send a message to > the drug (and vitamin) companies.> > Mark> > At 02:34 PM 2/25/2008, Weavre Cooper wrote:> > >Since there's one active discussion here at the moment, I thought I'd toss> >out another one as well: has anyone else had problems with medicines> >containing pharmaceutical grade lactose?>
Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailŪ-get your "fix".