NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 09:24:15 -0400
On Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:22:03 -0400, Micki Lewis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

} All I can say is that people are reporting their personal experiences
} substantiated my bone density tests.  Double blind studies are currently
} being conducted at various medical centers around the country.  BTW, no
} double blind studies were ever conducted as to the efficacy of
} aspirin.

Searching PubMed for "double blind AND aspirin" gives 1675 results.
Searching for "double blind AND acetylsalicylic acid" gives 1472
results.  Some of them are relevant.  Check http://www.nlm.nih.gov for
more info.

So much for truth in advertisement...

} Since these products are non-invasive and have no adverse side
} effects

If no clinical studies have been made, how would you know that they
"have no adverse side effects"?

} aren't they, at least, worth considering?

In that case, I can sell you a charm against osteoporosis for, say, $99.
No adverse side effects - guaranteed!  By your own argument it is at
least worth considering.

} At 10:36 PM 7/21/2001 -0400, you wrote:
} >http://www.hcrc.org/cgi-hcrc/fs.cgi?qkey=3D505

I also wrote:
What peer reviewed scientific publication can substantiate these claims?

Mow, Micki, I have nothing against you or Nikken in particular.  I am
suspicious of ALL multilevel-marketing companies that claim to address
health issues with no clinical proof.

Best regards,
Alex.