BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 23:40:32 -0700
>in Phelps.  Ready for the Sauerkruat Festival, which starts this evening.
>Our new town theme is "Red, White, and Blue, and Sauerkraut, too!"
Yea, Pam, the stink is everywhere.   It must have been what I noticed the
other night when
passing by on the Thruway.   I remember well how my little brother and I
would hunker down and hold our noses in the back seat of the car while
passing the little sauerkraut factory on the way to grandfather's.
Yuk.   Double Yuk !

cp back in bc
where the air is clean even if the politics isn't

While making a recent exhibit about political cartoons here in the
mid-2000's, I came across an old video tape of a TV news interview with a
prominent Provincial politician from our town.   Know, as "Flying Phil" for
his fast driving, he even lost his license for too many speeding tickets
while he was the Minister of Highways so he had to be chauffeured everywhere
or use the government Lear jet to make little trips or take his mother
shopping in Vancouver or Las Vegas.   Well, in the interview he is asked
about his dictatorial style and about how he deals with differing opinions.
His answer: "I don't have any problem with that at all.  Never give it a
thought!  I know God tells me what to do so I know I am always right.   It
doesn't matter what anyone says."