BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"J.A. Drew Diaz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:43:40 -0500
Digital photography offered EDGE the 1st concrete use of the internet
and email.

A while back I had a project where the building manager was less than
happy that we had been awarded the project rather than his favorite boy.

I decided to purchase a digital camera to catalog existing conditions in
the common areas, purchased it and shot several disks full of pictures
of broken windows, scuffed wall covering in the common corridor etc....

Demo commenced that night and I got a call sometime late about these
weird diagonal cables and turnbuckles found in the slab @ the stairwell
chop.

went down the next morning, digiphotographed the braces went back to the
office and called the architect...
explained what was going on and my concerns that this was going to have
a big impact on lay out, cost and schedule- got a sense that the
architect wasn't quite gettin it when he said he'd check it out @ the
job meeting 10 days in the future, asked him if he had email and told
him I was sending him pictures, he asked how I was going to do this and
I had to admit I wasn't sure but that I'd figure it out.
he got the pictures called back and suggested we meet before lunch...

anymore when I use one of those disposo cameras i have the guy
downstairs develope the film and got straight to a CD don't even bother
with prints...