BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:25:28 EDT
In a message dated 7/23/98 10:04:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I can't finger it yet (big thoughts required here) but the impulse to
 preserve, even by the most sincerely motivated, low budget homeowner, is very
 frequently marked by the desire to leave a stamp on something - like adding
 vinyl siding or, even, demolishing something. >>

Something akin to the observer changing the observed, the preserver
inevitably, and not always with consious intent, changes the preserved.
Another imputus for my suggesting we include Bobcat Urine in pump-spray
bottles with the Preservationeer's Emergency Preservation Kit. The least
amount of interference, do no harm kind of thing, and the smell will dissipate
within a few months. We can even use it on our anti-preservation customers.

][<en