NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 11:19:02 -0400
From: <[log in to unmask]>
> A quick plea to watch how much stuff you quote in your emails, for the sake
> of those of us who receive our list in digest form - which means one long email
> with all the posts in it together. Quoting is a great way to keep the
> discussion flowing and readable, and I know that for the regular email recipients
> it's necessary to keep the thread, but most of the time a few lines will do it.

Actually, this is true for us single-message readers as well, except that we also suffer from "underquoting".

But I have a counter-plea for the digest readers.
When you reply to the group, please be so kind as to edit the subject line.
Subjects such as "Re: [NO-MILK] NO-MILK Digest - 10 May 2005 to 16 May 2005 (#2005-21)" are not very descriptive.

Best wishes,
Alex.