BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 07:05:50 -0500
Dem blues is still new and being discovered.  Kind of like kids
discovering the oldies stations, only deeper, more primal, the source.
I know nothing about the blues, except that I seek it out and I love it.

-jc

On Sunday, August 10, 2003, at 11:03  PM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I thought he was dead; I saw him in the 60's and he was rocking it
> then in his 60's
> then  late  last night just under a perfect Delta moon ; the crowd
> hushed and a diminitive bespectled man steped up to the outdoor piano
> and joined  a long set of barrel house blues  that got everybody up
> and the ground moving in a sweat known only in this part of the planet
> Pine top Perkins at 93 yrs old pounded and tickled the ivories at the
> Mississippi cross roads of hwys  49 and 61  of Clarksdale in two sets
> leaving us awed  foot sore and waiting for morning  with a renewed
> faith that dem blues aint dead Pyrate

John Callan, Architect, Inc.
Historic Preservation and Museum Services
784 Deerwood Circle
Lino Lakes, Minnesota  55014-5433

(651) 486-0890