BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"\"Let us not speak foul in folly!\" - ][<en Phollit" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 09:29:58 -0800
Ken,  Sounds just like home.  Ruth

At 10:06 AM -0500 3/13/03, Ken Follett wrote:
Dad is always putting things in peculiar places.

Ruth: In my family we start hiding stuff at a young age. I believe it is an
inherited instinct like with seed hoarding jays. The nickle up the nose is
an early favorite. When I helped to clean out my Grandfather's garage it
was an educational experience. For me it was a step up into maturity from
the craft of sorting nails from sawdust. My stepson has been cleaning out
his deceased father-in-law's basement. The man was a sweet Presbyterian
with a heart of gold, a somewhat eccentric mechanic and engineer who
crammed his basement full of old radios, odd electronic devices, cheap
tools, old fix-it magazines and piles and piles of indescribable mechanical
junk. The yard likewise filled with dead boats and rust frozen cars. I
remember visiting once. It was like going through an amusement mine with
the piles up to the ceiling and boards bracing them to avoid collapse into
the alleyways. It is like the heart. ][<en

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT