EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Cahill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:49:57 -0500
Hello everyone;

I'm wondering what some of you are telling your web developers regarding
PDFs these days.  We have a number of departments who put up course
information in PDF; however, the information in the PDF also contains
diagrams, charts and math notation.  Even if we recommended that these
documents were put up in HTML format, there would still be accessibility
issues around making the non-textual elements accessible.  Are any of you
recommending that PDFs be converted into accessible versions?  How well is
it working?  Are people able to follow the instructions from Adobe
regarding the creation of accessible PDFs?

Many thanks,
Kathy

Kathy Cahill
MIT Adaptive Technology (ATIC) lab