From:
S Eckard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:10:37 -0700

Thank you to everyone who replied.  It appears that Jamba juice states that their smoothies are gluten free.  One reply did state that they believed they had a gluten reaction after having Jamba Juice, and after some searching found that at that time (and maybe still?) Jamba Juice received their bananas from Costa Rica and they had been sprinkled with Citric Acid.  Here is a copy of the email that one respondent sent to me.  Thank you!
I'm the contact person, so feel free to forward my name and number to people.

 rhondi

Rhondi Shigemura

Director of Research & Development/Quality Assurance

Jamba Juice Company

W (415) 865-1105

C (415) 516-2507

   I am familiar with Celiac Disease.  There are a number of Jamba Products that you can have.

     BOOSTS:

    No on the following: Burner, Energy, Femme, Fiber (Wheat bran, Psyllium, and oat fiber), Immunity Power, Vibrant C, Vita; they all

    have oat fiber. Although the fiber is 99% fiber, it may contain traces of gluten.  You can have the Protein Boost and Performance Boost.

    SMOOTHIES:

    For our smoothies, we just reformulated the soy milk to omit the barley, it is now "gluten free", now ALL our Smoothies are Gluten free.  So in our smoothie ingredients: Soy milk, all dairy, all juice concentrates and fresh juices, all frozen fruits are gluten free. The peanut butter has cornstarch (Is that ok?), chocolate moo'd base is gluten free.

    Bakery Items:

    Pretzels and Breads - are made with wheat flour (sorry, no on these).

    if you have any questions, feel free to call.