From:
Frederick Navarro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:43:16 +0800
Hello, we have a small problem here, we have one windows 2000 advanced
server which runs as the DHCP server, DNS server, FTP server, Internet
router and Mail server at the same time.  We have a problem with our
network connection but its occurence is intermittent (most specially the
internet connection).  Most of the time the client PCs could surf the net
but suddenly they just cant.  I tried to connect to the server by accessing
\\servername, and I could connect directly (which means physical network
connection is OK).  The only thing that I could do is to go to MS-DOS
prompt of the client PC, type ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew,
then the internet connection will again be OK.  My question is, what caused
the problem?  Could it be because of our server?  If it is, then what
should I do? Letting the user release and renew their network connection is
quite inconvenient.  I'm hoping for some answers, thanks!

Frederick

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com