C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 13:06:31 -0400
I have to agree with you here, Kat.  As much as I enjoyed the extra check
from the Treasury Dept. in 2001, it was an ill-timed tax cut that the
President did not have to make (after all, he was already elected).  Even
so, a lot of our financial woes can be directed at mis-managed stock funds
and CEOs who drove companies into the ground and then bailed with audacious
golden parachutes.

Dubya is no economist--that's for sure--but his cabinet allowed a lot of
things to happen that could have been "headed off at the pass".

In some ways, though, the gov't did not create the crisis as much as did
Wall Street itself.  The book value of companies did not support the
artificially inflated stock prices.  The bull bubble had to bust sometime.

KC