From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 08:12:10 -0700
On 12 May 2003, at 9:14, Richard T Hanner wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, but I am not quite sure what needs to be done? Do you
> mean allocating documents etc. to share, if so I have already done that
> without success, if not I would appreciate it if you could talk me through
> what I need to do?

  In Windows Explorer, right-click on a folder and select Properties.  Go to
the Sharing tab.  Enable sharing of the folder; optionally, you may give it
a "share name" that is different from the folder name.  Depending on the
specific Windows version, you may also set which accounts have access and
what access rights they're allowed.

  From another machine, when you browse to this machine in Network
Neighborhood, the share names should be visible under this machine name.  If
none are listed, it might be that none have been set up via this method.

David Gillett

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com