Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 23:30:34 +1100
Myself use NTFS and 800JB HDD and at work we sell 800JB like hot cake, never
heard of data corruption what so ever (unless there are hardware/software
problems).  I always go through MS shutdown process to provent possible data
loss/corruption.

I also did few more tests today (no enough time to do more), one "big"
system RAID 0 with 4x HDD, HTP 374 RAID controller, NTFS and XP Pro, and few
VIA chipset AMD systems (one SDR, rest are DDR), I couldn't find any CHKDSK
problem (with or without /F switch), either from DOS screen or from My
Computer or from windows start up.  How did you find the "error"?

I serious doubt if your data corruption problem is really M$ fault.  More
likely, I see it hardware failur.  You should do some stress tests,
specially target HDD controller, PCI bus, and memory.  My suggestion is, in
BIOS, set memory timing to slowest possible (don't use AUTO, sometimes, mobo
can't get it right), and update all drivers possible, then stress the system
to "death".  some good free system stress software:
Prime95 - good for mobo, CPU and RAM
CPU Stability Test - same as Prime95, but stress CPU harder
CPU Burn - good for CPU, also picks up some RAM problem
3Dmark 2001SE - stress CPU, vidoe card, mobo and RAM, run the Demo loop with
sound enabled at high resolution, will also test PCI bus and sound card.
ZDnet benchmark 99 - was a paid software, now free, use the HDD section
only.

Jun Qian