From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:22:26 -0500
You have at least two different things going on...

MSOE will block some attachments as a security feature.
Some can be enabled again, but to see some you have to start a
forward of the message and see the attachment there. (You do NOT have
to SEND the forward anywhere...)  If a message has "nested attachments",
ones where the attachment is several layers down inside the message,
(VERY common with AOL people and their forwards...),
you might have to keep hitting forward and open till you get blue in the face...

About Klez...
What you are seeing is "normal behaviour"...

As long as your NAV is detecting KLEZ in your Incoming Messages,
you CAN'T have it yourself.
Klez kills NAV...  (And gives you the additional virus: Elkern, and opens your
system to infection to ALL other virus that may come your way...)

Someone ELSE (actually their computer) has KLEZ and is sending it out
TO you, possibly FROM your own name, (or any other name that is NOT theirs...)
Which brings up the next point.

You "might" get warnings and/or bounced mail that says YOU are sending out
Klez... These are because someone else's infected computer is impersonating you.

The key here is your NAV is working, and you have scanned, and you are
found clean...

All the other symptoms and warnings and bounced mail are caused by the
normal action of the virus KLEZ  --- SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Hope all that is clear...

                         Rick Glazier

BCC: [log in to unmask]

From: "Stephen Deats" <[log in to unmask]>

> I have been trying to remove a virus from a compaq
> 7000 computer. The computer is on Star Band internet.
> I have user Klez remove tool from Symantec and
> rescanned with Norton antivirus which says no virusies
> on the machine, but internet explore 6 mail still well
> not let me open any attachments. I have even restored
> the hard drive with compaq QuikRestore to out of box
> shape. When I go to email I get 1 email that says I am
> infected with w32.klez e@mm, I do not open but let
> tell norton antivirus to dellete it. and the same
> thing happens???

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml