From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:09:51 -0600
>>The article defines hypochondria as excessive worry about contracting
>>serious diseases.  I don't feel that I do that...

>I was hooked within days of starting!

I wonder if this way of life isn't also appealing to anal-retentives like
me.  A friend tells me I'd love the cable show "Monk", that I'm a female
version of this obsessive-compulsive character.  I saw a clip a while back -
yeah, that's me.  Eating this way is "pure".  Then again, maybe being this
way only makes it worse; eat ONE BITE of a forbidden fruit and you're bad,
BAD!

In the back of my mind, I worry about the 'C' word (cancer) someday but the
worst I've suffered over the last six years is a case of sniffles while
teaching at a local high school.  Germs?  HA!  No fear whatsoever.  And yet
in other areas I'm so anal-retentive you could go from a lump of coal to a
diamond in my you-know what.  Go figure!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO