From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:59:11 EDT
In a message dated 7/15/03 11:51:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I'm sure their reduced calorie intake
> is at least partially responsible for their longevity.

Maybe -- but that sure wasn't the case with the centenarian family from the
US I posted about not too long ago.  They were featured on TV around the time
one of the world longevity record holders had diet -- I believe it may have
been Jean Calument of France that had passed away.  Anyway, they showed these
southern siblings having their favorite lunch in the local diner -- BIG portions
of southern chicken fried steak, big globs of mashed potatos with gravy, white
flour bisquits with butter and peach cobbler with whipped cream for dessert
-- I do not believe that calorie restriction had anything whatsoever to do with
their longevity.  They felt their "secret" was attitude.  They love life and
especially (their words, not mine) desserts!