From:
Jens Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 21:27:17 -0700
--- Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Given all the bad, bad things grains can do to us,
> wouldn't it make sense=20
> to recommend complete abstention?  At the very
> least, beginners to the=20
> diet should give up the stuff for a period of say
> eight weeks before=20
> gradually adding them back into the diet.

Jim,

I don't see why there would be any need to go back on
them. . . Actually, I'm not really fully convinced
that grains are inherently bad for us, but at the very
least it is fairly obvious that there isn't anything
that we get from grains that we can't get more
efficiently from other places, i.e. meat, fish and
vegetables. Plus grains have a high energy content
versus the nutritional content, so you have to eat
more calories to get the same nutrition. So there
really isn't any good argument for why we should eat
grains, beyond the fact that they can be tasty I
suppose.

Jens

http://calendar.yahoo.com