From:
Lillian Alicia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:22:14 -0500
From: Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 1:59 pm
Subject: Re: Menus

 > In a message dated 02/19/2003 12:01:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
 > [log in to unmask] writes:
 >
 > >  I find I have no trouble in the main course dept,
 > >  meat, but run out of good ideas for side dishes.
 >
 > You might consider giving up the paradigm that you *need* to cook a
 > multi-dish meal.  It might be more difficult if you are
 > responsible for
 > feeding other people regularly, but when I just let go of all the
 > culturalhabits about cooking and eating, things are much easier
 > for me.

Holly, that's the thing, I am responsible for feeding 3 sons, 12, 14,
16 years of age.  They may or may not eat breakfast at home; lunch is
at school.  So I want them to eat several nutritious foods, hence the
desire to have side dishes.
If it were just me, or just my husband and me, then I know we could
eat the same way you eat....a main when we feel like it or a side-dish
when we feel like just having that.
Peace,
Lillian