From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:41:51 -0600
From: "Fredrik Murman"
 >When I started eating nuts my desire for meat and animal fat decreased.

Uh, oh, so it's not just all in my mind that this happens to me, too, though
I just realized it a maybe not more than three weeks ago.

I probably qualify as a walnut addict.  I eat loads of them.  And, duh,
wonder why I can't lose weight on paleo.  Maybe a better question is why I
don't gain any considering how many nut mega-calories I scarf down.

In November, I thought I would cut back on my nut intake, but the resolve
never lasted long.   Since I couldn't seem to cut back very well without
having cravings for more, I tried eliminating them, but that didn't work,
either, except for a few days at a stretch, and then I would find myself
obsessing about wanting walnuts and go buy some.  Since then, this same
cycle has repeated itself to the point that it's really bothering me.  I
don't know if crave is the right word, but it seems like my body says
there's something missing in my diet if I don't eat them.  Yet eating them
seems to displace other foods out of my diet.  Then, again, walnuts are so
satisfying to me that I've actually wondered whether a paleo person could
live healthily and well with nuts as the main part of the diet.   But I
can't help but wonder about the lectins.

Theola