NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judith Landers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 09:16:26 EDT
Pammi,
    My digestive system completly shuts down (seems to swell) causing
constipation, a migraine, and nausea upon eating dairy. It takes me about
eight hours to work through what I call a "crash".  I have to take milk of
magnesia to clear up.
      I eliminated all obvious dairy, but still had chronic rhinitis/ sinus
problems and an ear ache for three years which no Dr. could explain to me.  I
stopped ALL dairy and the ear ache and rhinitis went away.  As long as I stay
away from all dairy I'm fine.
    I went to an allergist, after I had figured it all out myself,  and he
said I'm not allergic to milk, but intollerant.  Most of you on this list
seem to be allergic to milk.  Are there any others of you out there who are
intollerant/ not allergic?  Although my problem is not life threatening,
during those eight hours of my "crash,"  I'm so sick that I would call it
being allergic!
Judith