C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:47:39 -0400
Yes, that's part of the problem.  There was no end to it, officially, and no
celebration,no victory.   So Americans had rather forget it was ever waged.
:(

But  it was (and still is) a very real conflict, as we have been reminded by
the N. Koreans time and again.  I fear they will be tougher than the Iraqis
or the Taliban to conquer.  You will note that I didn't include Al Queda in
that list, as I don't think we will ever be able to declare a clear victory
over them as they are too widely scattered and too underground a force to
deal with in traditional military fashion.

I think it's very ironic that Bush is seeking aid from the very body he
scorned a year ago.  He's realising all too well that America can no longer
afford to act on its own and we cannot operate in a vacuum.

NOTE: for those  of you wondering about my sudden verbosity, I'm home sick w/
a cold today.  Ugh...

Kat