BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:11:09 -0500
My SO has started using Zicam at the suggestion of her chiropractor, I
think.  She seems to think it works.  I might even try it if I can lose some
nose hairs (maybe they will enhance the effect by providing more surface
area?).  Sounds disgusting when she dips the applicator back in the vial (I
imagine kids love the sound).

P.S.  The coolest thing I remember from Amish country (Lancaster County, PA)
was a real small hydro plant that had a single rope or cable that ran across
the farm yard.  It was supported on a number of loops and oscillated back
and forth as if it was transfering a rotary motion from one point to
another.  For all I know it was just running one of those little wooden yard
toys but I'm thinking it went to their remote/community phone booth or some
such thing (some don't allow such things in the house but seem to allow them
out a ways, perhaps where they can be shared), maybe keeping a battery
charged up.  I didn't get to dwell on it because I was (I hate to admit it)
on a bus tour...

From the 2 cents (or for what it's worth) gallery, we have had GREAT
success with an over the counter homeopathic called Zicam. It's a zinc
ointment for your nose. It's used at the first sign, or after you
suspect a good likelihood of exposure (like having been any were near
][<en) of a cold. It's scary how well it works. Won't cure a whopper
though.

Rudy

Ps; if anyone wants to see a non-electric shop, come visit our Amish
community. Just don't eat the food unless you have cholesterol numbers
below 50.

--