AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
carol buechler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 04:15:43 -0800
I have two suggestions, and they come from low vision
as well as knowing the choices.  I like the
ergonomic/split keyboard.  Like microsoft.  The
distinctive shape lets you find things by feel.  I
graduated second in my class because I was no good at
typing.

My second suggestion is to look at large labels for
keeps.  I saw one in trc.org (Technology Resource
Center, Dayton, Ohio).  It may have been done for the
braille labels *which are NOT good for low vision) but
I marvelled how the letters jumped out at me.

Note:  did you know that NAVH is known for "low
vision" assistance and not geared to total blindness
only.

--- Lindsay-Erin Beatty <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> It's capital budget request time here at our
> library, and I was
> wondering if anyone would care to comment and/or
> offer advice on the
> best kind of large print keyboard to purchase. I am
> interested in
> finding one that is of particular use to individuals
> who have contrast
> issues and/or low vision.  At this point in time,
> our library is just
> beginning to develop its services for patrons with
> special needs, and
> any information you could provide would be very
> gratefully accepted.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Lindsay-Erin Beatty
> > begin:vcard
> n:Beatty;Lindsay-Erin Beatty
> tel;fax:(506) 4453-4831
> tel;work:(506) 447-3075
> x-mozilla-html:FALSE
> org:Harriet Irving Libraries;Reference Department
> version:2.1
> email;internet:[log in to unmask]
> title:Information Services Librarian
> adr;quoted-printable:;;Mailing: PO Box
> 7500=0D=0A=0D=0ACivic Address: 5 MacAulay
> Drive=0D=0A;Fredericton;NB;E3B 5H5;
> note;quoted-printable:"We are here and it is now.
> Further than that all human knowledge
> is=0D=0Amoonshine." =96 H. L. Mencken
> fn:Lindsay-Erin Beatty
> end:vcard

=====

Respectfully,
Carol J. Buechler
Buechler Computers and Engineers
[log in to unmask]     or     [log in to unmask]
www.wright.edu/~buechler.4

http://mailplus.yahoo.com