Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 09:12:40 -0500
From:
Rick Lindstrom <[log in to unmask]>
At 04:27 PM 1/24/2003 +0000, Michele Sayer wrote:
>Can anyone tell me what is the newest processor so far made by pentium.
>I thought it was P4, but I have a friend who says her sister has a pc with
>a pentium 6 installed.
>Is that correct, or has she made a mistake?
>Michele Sayer

Things could get interesting soon- Intel is now up to the "P4" designation.
The original Pentium, which I had in my first computer not so long ago, was
the "P5". Mine was the P5-90, or 90mhz model. Blazingly fast at the time :)
I just built a box with a 2.4ghz P4- blazingly fast for now.

Someone told me that Intel used "P5" because AMD had already patented the
"586" designation (the next logical step up in the x86 progression).

Anyway, it'll be fun to see what happens when the next generation comes
along. Perhaps Intel will use the  P5 moniker again and count on consumer's
attention spans being about as short as the product-cycles of typical
computer stuff these days.

I *think* there was a P6 after the original P5, but I have a short
attention span, so I'm not quite sure. Checking the chip to see what speed
it runs at would tell the tale. If it's 6.0ghz, tell me where she got it.

Rick Lindstrom
Tallahassee, FL. USA

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml