Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:20:46 +0530
Try the BIOS support site for the maximum HDD size supported,also check
whether you have set the jumpers on your new HDD right.After this,auto
detect the disk in BIOS,if the disk capacity is still displayed less than
what it is,you can be sure the mobo doesnot support the HDDs that
large,kindly post the name of your mobo,I may be able to help you that
way...

Best,
Mandar Naik

Thank you Fred Nielson and everybody else that has been so kind to answer, I
don't know if I explain my self but here it goes again.  I had a drive size
1.99GB but it wasn't big enough for me so I decided to buy a 20 GB hard
drive I was running windows 98 but when I got the new drive I took the other
one out and installed  the 20 GB hard drive, I partitioned the new drive and
formatted , when I boot up it reads the model number of the 20 GB drive, I
installed Windows ME, but when I go to control panel system it tells me that
the drive is only 1.99Gb.

I am running Windows ME
The drive is IBM  model number IC35L020AVVN07-0 Capacity 20GB
Processor Type Pentium with MMX (CT) Technology
Processor speed 200MHZ
Cache ram 512 KB
Total memory 64MB
Bios 4A3NT0X0.05A.0020.P05

Primary IDE IC35L020AVVN07-0
Primary slave none
Secondary IDE Master  Sony CD-RW CRX19501
Secondary IDE slave none

This is the system information that comes up when I am booting up and press
F2. I think this is more detail then last time, I am going to format and
partition  everything again but I want to know if any one has other
solution,  I was told to buy a  ATA PCI hard drive controler that has its
own BIOS  I don't have the 1.99Gb hard drive installed anymore, I just want
to have the 20GB hard drive, my skilled level begginer.

Thank you to everybody that take time to answer, I am very grateful

Angela

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com

                     support at our newest website: