EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
EILEEN HADDON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 07:41:52 -0500
Could people please reply directly to James, as he's on another listserve? Thanks!

Eileen Haddon :)

Eileen C. Haddon, ATP
Vermont Assistive Technology Project
Vermont Technical College
Randolph Center, VT  05061
Phone: 802-728-1520 / Fax: 802-728-1390

Rehab Engineering Technology  --  Make a difference!

>>> "Dwan, James" <[log in to unmask]> 01/06/03 06:29AM >>>
Dear all

Not 100% sure that this is the correct place to ask about this but here
goes...

My mother's ms has unfortunately reached a level where she is now unable to
satisfactorily operate the remote control unit for her television. I have
done some initial research and have found that there are voice operated
programmable remote control units available. Does anyone have any experience
of these? Can anyone provide any advice on which particular product would be
most suitable for someone who is practically paralysed? For example, it
would be no good if she had to pick up the unit in order to operate it. I am
hopeful to set things up so she can operate at least TiVo personal video
recorder using her voice but hopefully the stereo and dvd player as well. My
mother has a reasonable amount of experience with voice recognition software
and has been a user of both via voice and more recently dns for a few years.

Many thanks in advance

James

of this email.

To remove yourself from the voice-users mailing list,
please visit: http://www.voicerecognition.net