From:
Connie Sarros <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sarros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:50:14 -0500

WOW!  I can't believe how many responses I received.
I posted to the listserv the site
http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/personal_poetry/57317
where a celiac woman said she is "poisoned" when she eats
wheat (not mentioning rye, barley, etc.), and she uses a crystal
to ascertain if a product is "poisonous".

Many of you wrote directly to Alice (the author of the letter),
and she has been very defensive in her replies.  I would like to
suggest that we write directly to the website, www.suite101.com
and inform them of the misinformation that is being disseminated
through their site, asking them to remove the letter.

On a lighter note, some of you wrote absolutely hilarious
replies to me and, since we can all use a good laugh once in
awhile, I've posted a few of the funnier ones below.

Enjoy the laughs,
Connie Sarros

"Reminds me of the time a woman who owned a crystal shop
explained to me that the government adds fluoride to our drinking
water as part of a mind control scheme.  I looked around for a
'candid camera' but it was nowhere to be found."

"I forwarded it to my celiac relatives for a good laugh.  It is
unfortunate  however that others reading the post may think
they've found a 'crystal clear' way to determine if something is
safe to eat."  Susan

"I feel sorry for her kids (daughter named Krystal?!)" Barbara

"This is outrageous!...Of course, I never go to the store without
bringing my Pet Rock along to give me advise.  Dave

"What planet do these people come from?  A few similar types
have shown up at our support group meetings and I sometimes
wonder if we should also have a chapter "psychiatrist advisor"
for our group!  We had one woman claim that she is curing her
12 y.o. daughter with magnets!"  Paula

"My husband and I stayed in a B&B...During our stay, (the
innkeeper) tried to instruct me on the fine art of using a crystal
to determine if food was OK for my body.  She asked me to bring
along a couple of necklaces that sounded to her like they might
work.  She said to say aloud, 'Is this food safe for Kathi to eat?'
and hold the crystal over the food.  If it swung in one direction,
the food would be safe and in the other direction it wouldn't be.
It would not swing for me.  I pointed out that when she did it I
could see her start it moving with very slight wrist movements.
...Needless to say, I flunked her class."  Kathi