RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 06:32:01 -0800
In what book did Dr. Spock say that the optimum diet for children is
vegetarianism?  Could we have either some direct quotes or references
(title, year, page #) so that we can find them ourselves?  I don't
believe that Spock is the be-all end-all of pediatric authorities, and
even if he did say those things, it isn't very meaningful to me.  I
just have my doubts.

And as for the statement that there are "millions upon millions of
healthy vegetarians worldwide", I would have to say that numbers like
that have to rely on self-reporting, and I never trust self-reported
vegetarianism anymore.  Most healthy "vegetarians" I know are either
new to it (in which case, they probably haven't had time to run into
deficiencies) or, when pressed as to their diet, they say something
like, "Oh yeah, well of course I eat fish.  That's not meat."  IMHO,
that's just plain stupid, but there are sooooo many of these fake
vegetarians out there!  And in my experience, like I said, it's the
fakers and the newbies who seem the healthiest.

Carol